So you want to chat securely on Android?
Go back to the main screen and you should see the Guardian Project apps. Click on Gibberbot to install. Got it.
Enter: https://guardianproject.info/repo/ (don't forget the s!)
Done. Where are the apps?
Run the app and navigate over to Menu > Manage Repos > New Repository Cool. What do I enter?
There's an alternative store. Install F-droid by entering
https://f-droid.org/FDroid.apk into the browser. Done. Next?
Got it! I checked on a trusted channel: Spotify. Send the secret.
I'm thinking of a question...
I can see Mark's fingerprint. Now let me send him a message that only you would know the answer to.
9. Let's send him an unencrypted message. Send "Oh hai!"
8. The bar turned yellow ! Mark got our chat & turned on encryption.
Let's verify it's really Mark.
Uh oh! It's red , so not encrypted yet. Let's wait to see if Mark turns on encryption.
6. Enter your account info: Gchat, Facebook, DukGo, & XMPP all work.
Security is a two way street. Make sure your friends are secure too.
Is it really secure? We break it down.
It will tell you about our project.
Now we're getting started.
4. Open Gibberbot. Done.
3. Review the permissions. Then, maybe, accept them. OK, I trust you.
2. Search for Gibberbot. Got it.