Obscura v1 is our first public release from the Secure Smart Cam Project. This an open-source collaboration between the Guardian Project and Witness to develop new visual media software for human rights.
The app currently supports:
- taking a new picture or loading an existing photo from the Gallery app
- removal of all EXIF image metadata from the photo
- blur, pixelize, redact/remove or overlay mask to protect identity of people or places in the photos
- save as a JPEG to the sdcard
- share to other apps (twitter, text message, facebook, dropbox, etc)